Monday, July 30, 2007

Social Networks Update July 2007

I thought I would keep a historial retoric here on my blog about my use of the social networks. As of this entry I currently use FaceBook, MySpace, and Linkedin. Here is how I got to use each;

FaceBook - My youth group students at church camp this year told me to get an account so we could all communicate outside the church functions.
Overall I Facebook a 8 for simplicity, clean not nonsence approach, no ads screaming at me like Myspace. The kids love this thing.

MySpace- This was my first social network thing I did upon getting my divorce finalized last year. Thought I could find single women on it but its not very good at that. I find it some what hard to use compared to facebook and the ads everywhere is annoying and stupid. I will never click an ad on one of these sites.

LinkedIn- My business partners got me on to this to keep track of my network of business contacts. Overall its average but I seldom use it unless I am in recruiting mode then I think it can be a great tool. Its rates a 6 of 10.

I will try to keep my blog up to date as to the usefulness and successes I find using these sites.