Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Communication Break Thru

Once upon a time I awoke or better put opened my eyes, my mind, and my heart then did I hear God say to me “Mike my son I will Father you . I will show you your purpose. I will shine your gifts upon the world. You are mine and I need you build My Kingdom. Your prior attempts to fill your life with material things, and the pursuit of getting ahead, of financial freedom for yourself, career success, money and the useless pursuit of your ego. Those things of the self will no longer any part of you. I am the only thing that can fill you up and if you attain any of those things then it only happen through building My Kingdom.”

This simple summary is the story of how my life has changed dramatically. It’s not about some intellectual battle or revelation of my mind or something in particular I read or heard spoke but an overall communication from God. His deliver methods ranged from everyday experiences; conversations with friends and family, a movie or two, a bunch of great books including the Bible, and some awesome sermons in person and through podcasts. I must admit I laid everything heard and seen against the cold hard truth of my past life experiences. God’s communication to my human mind is somewhat like a puzzle. But once I understand how to arrange the puzzle pieces like organizing the straight edges first and so on does then God’s messages become much easier for me to understand. My only regret looking back is often he did communicate with me, I just did not listen or was unable for some reason receive his posts, probably because no one every taught me. It’s an amazing conversation now. Hey if want I will let you listen in!