In church this past Sunday I had revelation about my spiritual life and practice. As a competitive athlete I am very disciplined and committed to keeping myself physically fit by training at least 15 hours a week. I also do certain workouts to better and maintain my level of competitiveness.
Then it came to me that I should look at my spiritual life in the same manor. I must work my spiritual fitness in the same manor. Ah Ha. Here is my workout schedule.
Daily Devotional readings
Reading of the bible (i am in the middle of Matthew)
Listen to Pod casts of different Pastors around the country (bell, boyd, stanley)
Praying myself and with the kids
Sharing my path and experiences of my Christian life with my friends.
Volunteering and Mentoring with the High School Youth Group Rezlife
Spending Time with fellow Christians
Writing about my relation with my Lord
Sunday Service 5pm
Wow that felt good. I am pleased with work out and I feel closer and more fit in my spiritual then I have ever in my life. Its A Good Life.