Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Letter From Sis

Dear Michael,

From back as far as I can remember, you have always been that person I can trust with anything. You sheltered me as we grew up from others meanness and/or hurt. I could always count on you, my big brother. The strength and values you carried as a young man taught me most about the kind of man I would some day choose as my life long partner. A strong but gentle man. You have always had an amazing ability to find the good in everyone. Your heart is bigger than anyone I know. You would do anything for anyone. Your example of selflessness has helped shape me into a loving person just like you. 

My prayers for you over this renewal weekend, have been about asking God to send forth the Holy Spirit to reign in your heart and for you to feel the most accepted and loved you have ever felt. I continue to pray for you to release the hurt of your 2 past marriages. The truth about you is you are a loving, kind, humble, funny, brave, strong, smart, man (friend-brother-dad-son). Someday, God will present you with a woman that sees and believes in all these qualities about you. It will be worth all these trials to get to her. 

During my Christ Renews His Parish weekend, I had no idea how much it would influence my life forever. It's beautiful to watch the Holy Spirit undo so much hurt, evil, and brokenness over weeks of transformation and beyond. The men sitting around you will be some of the best, trustworthy, unselfish brothers you will have ever met. You will realize trust like nothing you have ever experienced. Trust in Jesus; trust in your brothers. 

I believe God presented this weekend to you at just the right time. It's ironic that the theme my team came up with for the weekend we put on was "put away the old...Be renewed in the Spirit...and put on the new self." Ephesians 4:23 and now it's the theme of your weekend. A God moment! These words from the bible reaffirm to me why the Holy Spirit drew you here; a renewal of your heart, mind, and spirit. Perfect timing for the part of you that is struggling with a couple failed relationships, the effects on Mia & Dean, and the things you doubt about yourself. Let it all go. Today and beyond are for the glory of God; to live always centered in his grace. How freeing it is you don't have to prove anything to anyone anymore. 

Thank you for so much....for listening to me, protecting me, making me feel safe, praying for me and my family, sitting endless hours at the hospital with me, accepting and loving me. I am so grateful to have you as my brother. Watching you come out of the darkness into the light has been amazing. Thank you for walking beside me through it all! I will never leave you. Most importantly, God is walking with and sometimes carrying you. I am grateful you confide in me. Praise God I can be there for you. 

I can't wait to hear all about your CRHP experience (when you are ready)! And share mine with you. I don't know what I'd do without you. Let's continue making memories together. Our children will benefit with our example of living with God first. Thank you for the positive role model you are to my 3 boys and being there for them in their endeavors. I love you very much! XO ðŸ’• Now go light the world!

Believe!
Karen