Wednesday, January 16, 2008

EGO

Ego is not an assistant to getting what you want/need or to who you really are deep down inside. Your God given talents are who your heart/soul really is about or what it quests for! Stop flexing, bragging, lying, being deceitful, manipulating because in a very short time you will be found out for what you really are! Look, Look, and look at who you really are. Have you lost touch with your heart? That true self.

Definition of PRIDE: a high or inordinate opinion of one's own dignity, importance, merit, or superiority, whether as cherished in the mind or as displayed in bearing, conduct, etc.
Antonyms 1. humility

I will bet that pride has something to do with this disconnect. This pride driven system that our ego relies on to protect it's false self causes many of personal issues and failures which lead to deep wounds. I can trace issues of financial stress, divorce, and struggles with friends over this pride issue. I would venture to say most of my friends do not think I am at all egotistical. I would hate to be so full of pride as a true egomaniac. We all battle with pride to some degree. Looking down on anyone or anything is an indication of ego/pride.

We cannot love someone or even ourselves if we look down upon threw the veil of pride. I aim to be humble, God will you help with this?